History behind Friern Barnet Library!

Opened in 1934 by the Middlesex County Council Library Service. Friern Barnet Library, housed in a Tudor slyle building in Friern Barnet Road, North London. 23 March 1934, Friern Barnet Branch Library opened to the public! and it is still runing! now by volunteers... Tt was among the first to be built and fifled out under the County Scheme for whole-time lending libraries. Other whole-time lending libraries of the period under the Scheme were Uxbridge (1930), Y iewsley (1931 ) and Hayts (1933).

Continue Reading
Close Menu